Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Some yearbook notes have a tendency to dig up forgotten experiences.
Like this one from my good friend Eric.

Hi Daahhh, already off to a good start
Haven't seen you much this year but your still the same ol Amanda.
I laughed my head off when I tripped you on your face in the hall. true story.
Your cool. Lets go skinny dipping in your pool sometime. also true story.
I hear that it's a blast. yaah, i think you would know. See ya around.
Lovies, isn't that sweet?
Eric

So I take issue with this note for two reasons. I had totally forgotten about Eric tripping me until reading this brought it all back again. Oh yeah. That's right. You tripped me. You jerk. Actually, when Eric stuck his legs out, I don't think that he thought I would really trip. He looked really surprised and sad for me when I took a huge fall over his gigantic feet. So in that way, the joke was kind of on him because I rarely, if ever, saw that look of concern on his face.

Secondly, I didn't think it was very funny when Eric and some of our other friends decided to sneak into my parents pool one night and go skinny dipping. We were out of town somewhere over a weekend in the spring. I don't know why it bothered me so much when I found out, but it did. I guess I was just jealous that I wasn't in on the fun too.

No comments: